15 May 2009

Do they know your real name...??


Digital coloring courtesy of "By2naz".

In my parent's neighborhood where I grew up, some people don't want to hear their real name. Some prefer not to be called using anything else while some love to respond only to their preferred nicknames. I remember you can actually upset someone by using his real name. Anyway, let me share with you some of the common tags/nicknames and salutations that we used to avoid first name basis calling.

1) Amapo - father
2) Inaypo - mother
3) Tutoy/Utoy - small boy (Totoy is abbr. of Butotoy)
4) Ineng - small girl
5) Tukmol - smaller boy that can't hit you back
6) Brenda - Bernardo

A lot more..., ey in few weeks time Amapo is coming over, my name will be changed to Idwen.

3 comments:

jimnemesis said...

Sa pangasinan naman eh pag bata: "ugaw"

Lupet pa rin GreenMan
I'll always be a fan of your blog site

Looking forward to more...

The Green Man said...

Salamat Bro, at pipilitin natin makapag-post palagi...

Anonymous said...

hanep,namiss mo cguro un 'noh? mwah... c u soon!

/*/*